My unusual problem with Bread .

• Medical
  • Thread starter Amine_prince
  • Start date
In summary, the person is struggling with a habit of eating excessive amounts of bread with meals, to the point of feeling stuffed. They are worried about being judged and are unsure if this is an addiction, sickness, or normal behavior. They are advised to talk to their family doctor for proper diagnosis and advice.
Amine_prince
Hello .

first of all , this is not a joke , this is a very serious situation and the only reason i am not seeing a doctor for this is the fact that i am afraid of being laughed at .
my main problem is that i eat too much bread with meals , if dinner is macaroni for example .. i eat a large amount of bread with it , so much that my mouth get's stuffed with bread from time to time ...
my mother thinks this is some sort of an addiction or a very bad habit , i wanted to stop but the thing is i cannot .
whenever i eat anything i just have an unusual desire to eat bread with that .even pizza ...

am i an addict ? or am i sick ? or is this normal ?

Biology news on Phys.org
As you know, we cannot offer any diagnosis or give any medical advice. Please talk with your family doctor about this. There are a number of possible causes, and only your doctor will be able to help you and your family figure this out.

1. Why do I feel bloated after eating bread?

There are a few possible reasons for feeling bloated after eating bread. This could be due to an intolerance or sensitivity to gluten, a protein found in wheat and other grains. You may also be consuming too much bread or other carbohydrates, which can lead to bloating due to excess gas production in the digestive tract. It's also possible that you may have an underlying digestive disorder, such as irritable bowel syndrome, that is exacerbated by eating bread.

2. Can bread cause weight gain?

Eating too much bread, or any other food for that matter, can lead to weight gain. However, bread itself is not inherently fattening. It's important to pay attention to portion sizes and the types of bread you are consuming. Whole grain breads are a healthier option than white bread, as they provide more fiber and nutrients.

3. Is sourdough bread easier to digest?

Sourdough bread is fermented using a mixture of yeast and bacteria, which can make it easier to digest for some individuals. This is because the fermentation process breaks down some of the carbohydrates and gluten in the bread, making it easier for the body to process. However, it's important to note that sourdough bread still contains gluten, so it may not be suitable for those with celiac disease or a gluten intolerance.

4. Can bread cause skin issues?

There is limited research on the link between bread and skin issues. However, some people may experience acne or other skin problems as a result of consuming too much bread or other high-carbohydrate foods. This is thought to be due to the impact of these foods on blood sugar levels and hormone production. It's best to consult with a dermatologist or healthcare provider if you experience skin issues after eating bread.

5. How can I enjoy bread without experiencing negative symptoms?

If you are experiencing negative symptoms after eating bread, it's important to identify the root cause. You may benefit from avoiding certain types of bread, such as those made with gluten, or limiting your portion sizes. Choosing whole grain breads and pairing them with protein and fiber-rich foods can also help reduce negative effects. It's best to consult with a healthcare professional for personalized recommendations.