My Wife is an 11: Today is 11/11/11!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jimmy Snyder
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
34 replies · 5K views
Jimmy Snyder
Messages
1,137
Reaction score
22
My wife is an 11.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuzpsO4ErOQ
 
Physics news on Phys.org
11 o'clock 11/11, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armistice_Day" .

poppy_field_peter_witham_470.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
The last "binary day" until the next 01/01/01!
 
Who is prophesizing doom for today?!
 
I have a meeting at 11:00 today.
 
Actually it is 11/11/2011, but people usually omit things.
 
Borek said:
My name day. As each year.
Happy name day!

I just missed 11:11 :(
 
jtbell said:
The last "binary day" until the next 01/01/01!

01/01/00, acutally.
 
It felt kind of silly, pre-focusing in macro mode, waiting for 11:11... Well, I've wasted time on more frivolous stuff.
 
turbo said:
It felt kind of silly, pre-focusing in macro mode, waiting for 11:11... Well, I've wasted time on more frivolous stuff.
Just wait for next year 12/12/12 12:12 It'll be the last for awhile. there's no 13/13/13.
 
Evo said:
Just wait for next year 12/12/12 12:12 It'll be the last for awhile. there's no 13/13/13.
I hadn't thought of that! At least for 11/11/11 and 12/12/12 those commie Europeans will get on board with proper date-notation!
 
Wait. Now I'm confused. Does 11/11/11 stand for 2011, Nov 11th or 11th Nov 2011? Or is it Nov 2011 11th?
 
I thought we're supposed to be on an international forum here.
So it should be 2011-11-11T11:11:11Z.
 
I like Serena said:
I thought we're supposed to be on an international forum here.
So it should be 2011-11-11T11:11:11Z.
Our forum officially goes by American dating and time, (we're in the US) so it's Nov 11th, 2011 (11-11-2011).
 
Also for trivia knowledge, Carnival starts at 11/11 at 11:11 hours, with the presentation of the fresh Prince Carnival of the season.
 
russ_watters said:
In an amazing coincidence, tomorrow's date will be exactly as unique as today's!
True, it will never happen again!

Under the current calendar in place.
 
We took this picture at 11:11:11 on 11/11/11
[PLAIN]https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/319669_2685517180352_1329086027_3101635_1550800434_n.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome! Beautiful family. Love the ducks. What does that one have on it's head?
 
Wow, what a good-looking family, Chi!

But...what's on the duck's head?
 
We had a 2-minute silence today at this time (11:11 AM) in school. I was in my physics lesson. We were all being silent, and then about a minute in, someone blurted out "HAS ANYONE FOUND THE EMF FOR QUESTION 6?!??".
 
They are Indian Runner Ducks. Occasionally, you get one with a crest, and it's called a "Bali." That one is Scooter, a male, and the other two are Cheepers and Smiley (females). They are good egg layers, and they eat bugs. We hatched them last spring after my daughter found the eggs at a farm where the kids do volunteer chores once a week.

Note the jar of worms at the upper left (duck snacks for later).
 
FeDeX_LaTeX said:
We had a 2-minute silence today at this time (11:11 AM) in school. I was in my physics lesson. We were all being silent, and then about a minute in, someone blurted out "HAS ANYONE FOUND THE EMF FOR QUESTION 6?!??".

What an absolute tool. I hope they were ridiculed and reprimanded for it.
 
Ryan_m_b said:
What an absolute tool. I hope they were ridiculed and reprimanded for it.

Well, we all sort of just looked at him and thought "ugh, you moron..."
 
Chi Meson said:
They are Indian Runner Ducks. Occasionally, you get one with a crest, and it's called a "Bali." That one is Scooter, a male, and the other two are Cheepers and Smiley (females). They are good egg layers, and they eat bugs. We hatched them last spring after my daughter found the eggs at a farm where the kids do volunteer chores once a week.

Note the jar of worms at the upper left (duck snacks for later).
Wow, it looked like a dollop of meringue. They look like very happy ducks.