1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Naked Egg Drop Project for Physics 1

Tags:
  1. Apr 2, 2007 #1
    I missed a week of school last week, and came back to class to find that we have a naked egg drop project due tomorrow. I need to do the entire thing tonight. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to make a good naked egg drop platform (base the egg is dropped into). the egg will be dropped from approximately 25 to 30 feet up. Any help is greatly appreciated and needed.

egg weighs approximately 55 to 60 grams, and isnt boiled.
    egg is about 53 cm^3 with a long axis of approximately 5.7 cm, and a short axis of about 4.2 cm
    any paper product is acceptable for building the platform, along with tape, and cotton balls (cardboard counts).
    the dimensions of the base have to be within 17.75 cm x 17.75 cm x 17.75 cm

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 14, 2007 #2
    you might wanna simplify your objectives up there, I dont understand.

There is a device on the floor which the egg will be dropped into and should survive? or the egg is in a device and should be dropped and land perfectly rolling out of the device unharmed? I did this in high school and made it land perfectly.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?