1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Nash's Theorem proof in 2by2 games

1. Aug 22, 2012 #1
    According to Nash's Theorem, every game has at least one Nash Equilibrium, whether that be a pure strategy or a mixed strategy Nash equilibrium. However, I have not been able to find a proof for the theorem.

I am looking for a proof of the theorem in 2by2 games involving simultaneous strategies. Perhaps someone here knows good places where these proofs can be found? I googled but most seem to explain the theorem rather superficially without a rigorous mathematical approach.

Thanks!

BiP

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 22, 2012 #2

mathman

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

4. Aug 22, 2012 #3
    Yep! The proofs that show up on google generalize it to 'n' players each having many strategies.

I was looking for a short proof on the simple case of 2by2 games with only 2 players. It should proof the existence of at least one Nash equilibrium.

BiP

5. Aug 23, 2012 #4

Bacle2

Science Advisor

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook