God's algorithm as undecidable?

• I
  • Thread starter TimeSkip
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Algorithm
In summary: It may be indeterminate on some tasks, but it is definitely not indeterminate in the sense that there is some algorithmic function that you can plug in to get a result.In summary, the complexity of a proof or God's algorithm is not determinate and there is no definitive way to measure it.
TimeSkip
TL;DR Summary
God's algorithm and assessing completeness of its proof.
I posted in the same sub-forum about complexity in mathematics and whether it is determinate. Seemingly, the consensus is that there's no definitive way in assessing a proofs complexity in a manner that is rigorous in regards to any other theorems or otherwise stated in a systematic way other than perhaps informationally.

However, some of the reasons why I post this thread is closely related to the logic of a finite alphabet in two parts. Namely, when a growing alphabet produces an algorithm that (by definition of God's algorithm) is least exhaustive in computability. However isn't it true that this necessitate that it (God's theorem) is likewise the least complex in determination of measurement?

I'd like to call this logic a form of complexity theorem or subject to measurement theory, where μ is provable and exact (as this is what God's algorithm demands by definition).

However, if we cannot determine the complexity of God's algorithm, then isn't this some form of Incompleteness in it due to the above?

Furthermore, it seems that God's theorem is subject on another issue to Incompleteness in for each and every domain application, (the range doesn't matter since the above was stated, and even if we had such an algorithm, the issue still pertains to the proofs assertion in a rigorous manner that it is least complex, even information wise.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Sorry, but I’m going to be straight and say that this post is really frustrating to read. How does a “growing alphabet” produce an algorithm? What does “exhaustive in terms of computability” mean? What is ##\mu## and what is God’s theorem? You cannot simply assume that we know what you mean. None of these things have been precisely defined or explained, and as long as that remains true there is no coherent discussion to be had here.

Likes Klystron, berkeman, fresh_42 and 1 other person
suremarc said:
Sorry, but I’m going to be straight and say that this post is really frustrating to read. How does a “growing alphabet” produce an algorithm? What does “exhaustive in terms of computability” mean? What is ##\mu## and what is God’s theorem? You cannot simply assume that we know what you mean. None of these things have been precisely defined or explained, and as long as that remains true there is no coherent discussion to be had here.
I was intrigued by the title and google search gave this

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/God's_algorithm

Never heard of it, sounds like the quickest way of solving a puzzle or a means to to do that?

μ I am not sure is on there - just a quick glance

suremarc said:
I'm sorry for my inadequate communication skills. I'm basically trying to say that when you have a least complex way of ascertaining the complexity of a proof or say God's algorithm, then what is left is testing it computationally, (this is what I mean by a growing alphabet up to a point). Yet, as per that previous thread, it seems that we have no measure for this task quantitatively, and hence the problem (in my mind) with God's theorem arises, doesn't it? Because by definition God's algorithm states that it takes the least amount of steps to solve a combinatorial problem.

You know, but this is really a bad topic, because God's algorithm only applies to finite tasks, so the Kolmogorov complexity is not indeterminate, I think.

1. What is God's algorithm as undecidable?

God's algorithm as undecidable is a mathematical concept that refers to the idea that there is no single algorithm that can solve all problems. In other words, there is no one algorithm that can determine the optimal solution for every problem.

2. Why is God's algorithm as undecidable?

This concept is based on the fact that there are some problems that are inherently unsolvable, meaning that no algorithm can be created to solve them. This is due to the complexity and unpredictability of certain problems.

3. Can God's algorithm as undecidable be proven?

No, God's algorithm as undecidable cannot be proven. This is because it is a theoretical concept and cannot be tested or proven through experimentation. It is based on the idea that there are some problems that are beyond the capabilities of any algorithm to solve.

4. How does God's algorithm as undecidable relate to the concept of infinity?

God's algorithm as undecidable is closely related to the concept of infinity, as it refers to the infinite number of possible solutions for a given problem. It suggests that there is no one algorithm that can determine the optimal solution for every problem, no matter how complex or infinite the problem may be.

5. Are there any real-world applications of God's algorithm as undecidable?

While God's algorithm as undecidable is a theoretical concept, it has practical applications in computer science and other fields. It helps researchers and scientists understand the limitations of algorithms and the complexity of certain problems, leading to the development of more efficient algorithms and problem-solving techniques.