Need a complete list of functions and thier inverses

I can't find this anywhere on google.

I'm looking for a complete list of functions and their inverses.
Here's a partial list as an example
*, /
+, -
e^x, ln(x)
sin(), sin^-1()
d/dx, ∫
etc..

Why isn't there a list of all of them? You would think that some mathematician would find joy in compiling one...

Answers and Replies

Assuming......just assuming.......that you aren't trolling.

There are an infinite amount of functions, and I'm going to take a gander and say that the vast majority of them do not have inverses.

There are, however, a relativity short list of 'common' functions, and I'm sure it is very easy to google a list of their inverses, though you've listed a number already.

I'll stress here that neither ##\frac{d}{dx}## nor ##\int## are functions, though they are inverse operations.
Nor are multiplication, division, addition or subtraction, they are all operations.

There are [itex]2^{2^{\aleph_0}}[/itex] functions from [itex]\mathbb{R}\rightarrow \mathbb{R}[/itex]

This means that the number of functions from [itex]\mathbb{R}[/itex] to [itex]\mathbb{R}[/itex] is not only infinite, but a number of degrees above the smallest possible infinity.

Thus, I fear that a complete list of functions would not be very feasible.

If you want a list of all possible function between all possible sets. Then I'm afraid that they don't even form a set. The number of functions form a proper class. This means that is quite larger than anything mathematics can handle. So a list would be rather impossible.

I'll stress here that neither ##\frac{d}{dx}## nor ##\int## are functions, though they are inverse operations.
Nor are multiplication, division, addition or subtraction, they are all operations.

I would actually consider all those things as functions...

Assuming......just assuming.......that you aren't trolling.

ok. then what I'm looking for is a complete list of opposite operations.

ok. then what I'm looking for is a complete list of opposite operations.

Still too large (= infinity).

no it's not. There are a few dozen we learn in algebra, another dozen from trig, only 2 from calc (d/dx and ∫ ), diff eq may add more to the list but I didn't notice any. you see? Get real. The question is not that hard. A list of opposite functions would be handy to have when solving for a variable in a complex algebraic equation.

no it's not. There are a few dozen we learn in algebra, another dozen from trig, only 2 from calc (d/dx and ∫ ), diff eq may add more to the list but I didn't notice any. you see? Get real. The question is not that hard

So, you are saying that there are only a finite number of bijective functions in existence? Do you have any proof/evidence for that?

Anyway, the OP is just a troll, so I'm locking this.