1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Need a couple of ODE's used in aerospace engineering

1. Dec 5, 2012 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data
    I have an assignment where I must solve a coupled system of equations, with di fferential interdependencies (e.g. a system of ODEs) of dimension no less than three (e.g. in x; y and z). choose a system relevance to Aerospace Engineering, or some applied topic. You
    must use your solution to predict or evaluate something useful.

2. Relevant equations

3. The attempt at a solution
    I will probably have little trouble with solving the equations, but the problem is I am not able to find a set of equations fitting this description. I have tried for a couple of days now. Any suggestions or hints would be greatly appreciated!! : )

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 7, 2012 #2

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

I did a google search on System of ODEs in Aerospace, and got lots of good hits. Here's one for a university course:

http://cuengineeringonline.colorado.edu/coursedb/view-course/49 [Broken]

The textbooks listed at the bottom of that page would likely be of help to you. You can check out your university library to look for them and similar materials.

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2017
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook