1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Need advice- Waterloo co-op or U of T physics undergrad?

1. Apr 16, 2012 #1
    Hey guys, just thought i'd ask for some advice from you for my decision. Well i've been accepted to my top choices of u of t and waterloo co-op for physics for my undergraduate degree. Can you give me some opinion on which one i should go with? I am planning on continuing in a physics related field for my PhD. And also, would you recommend graduate school in Canada or the states? Thanks a lot in advance :)

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 16, 2012 #2

OldEngr63

Gold Member

Its a lot warmer in Austin.

4. Apr 16, 2012 #3
    What are you interested in specifically? Physics is a broad field, and any decent university will give you about the same undergraduate education. I think it really comes down to personal preference, the type of work going on at the school (ie: research opportunities), and other things.

5. Apr 18, 2012 #4
    Well at this point, from what ive researched online, im interested in particle physics and quantum computing. If im planning on moving on to graduate school, is the co-op program at waterloo still a big advantage?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook