Need an ASM extremely fast cuorse

• Thread starter SuperMiguel
  • Start date
In summary: Then why didn't you ask the person who told you about the test why you had to know assembly? If you had asked him then and there and it's true that they don't use assembly at the job, then there would've been no reason for you to take the test.
SuperMiguel
Hey guys, I am going to take a test monday for a job interview and they just told me that it will include basic assembly programming questions like: (Assume a 68000 processor)

- Find the factorial of an integer number A.

- Two numbers, A and B are stored in memory locations 2000 and 2010 respectively.
Only if both A and B are greater than 1 and less than 16, compute (A to the power of B) and
write the result in memory location 2020; if not, write a value of 0 in memory location 2020.

- Find the binary equivalent of a 2 digit Binary Coded Decimal number. The Least
Significant Bit of the BCD is stored in memory location 1000 and the Most Significant Bit is in
location 1001. Store the result in location 1002.

I need to be able to answer questions like this by monday on ASM... Any good online resource or book i can pick to quickly learn this over the weekend?? Thanks

Technology news on Phys.org
You didn't mention your current knowledge. Do you know the assembly language for any processor? Try a web search for 68000 instruction set. This is one of the links I found:

http://www.tigernt.com/onlineDoc/68000.pdf

rcgldr said:
You didn't mention your current knowledge. Do you know the assembly language for any processor? Try a web search for 68000 instruction set. This is one of the links I found:

http://www.tigernt.com/onlineDoc/68000.pdf
I know nothing about asm

SuperMiguel said:
I know nothing about asm

Then why are you applying to a job that - apparently - requires it?

Hobin said:
Then why are you applying to a job that - apparently - requires it?

its a programming job, mostly Python, but for some reason they test u in ASM, but i asked around and was told that they never use it

SuperMiguel said:
its a programming job, mostly Python, but for some reason they test u in ASM, but i asked around and was told that they never use it

Then why didn't you ask the person who told you about the test why you had to know assembly? If you had asked him then and there and it's true that they don't use assembly at the job, then there would've been no reason for you to take the test.

1. How fast is the "Need an ASM extremely fast course"?

The speed of the course depends on the individual's learning pace. However, the course is designed to be completed in a shorter time frame compared to traditional ASM courses.

2. What are the prerequisites for taking this course?

This course is designed for individuals who have a basic understanding of ASM (Assembly Language) and computer architecture. It is recommended to have prior experience in programming languages such as C or Java.

3. What topics are covered in the course?

The course covers topics such as basic ASM syntax, control structures, memory management, and advanced concepts like optimization and debugging techniques. It also includes hands-on projects to reinforce learning.

4. Is this course suitable for beginners?

While this course is designed for individuals with some prior knowledge of ASM, it can also be suitable for beginners who are willing to put in extra effort to grasp the concepts. The course provides comprehensive explanations and examples to help beginners understand the material.

5. Are there any resources provided along with the course?

Yes, the course includes additional resources such as practice exercises, sample code, and recommended readings to help students further their understanding of ASM. The instructor is also available for any questions or clarifications throughout the course.