Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Need classic papers of 19th century

1. Jul 1, 2007 #1
    hI,
    can anyone provide me the link to the works or papers of gauss, abel , galois , ?
    thank you
    kishore

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 1, 2007 #2

mathwonk

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    2015 Award

galois's works are not in english to my knowlege. gauss great work on number theory was published in english by springer. i have only read one work by abel, long ago.

here is gauss on amazon:

Disquisitiones Arithmeticae (Hardcover)
    by Carl F. Gauss (Author), W.C. Waterhouse (Author), J. Brinkhuis (Author), C. Greiter (Author), A.W. Grootendorst (Author), Arthur A. Clarke (Translator)
    (7 customer reviews)

List Price: $145.00
    Price: $129.05 & this item ships for FREE with Super Saver Shipping. Details
    You Save: $15.95 (11%)

4. Jul 1, 2007 #3

mathwonk

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    2015 Award

heres an apreciation of abel:

The Legacy of Niels Henrik Abel: The Abel Bicentennial, Oslo 2002 by Olav A. Laudal and Ragni Piene (Hardcover - May 14, 2004)
    Buy new: $129.00 $121.32 15 Used & new from $94.99
    Get it by Tuesday, Jul 3, if you order in the next 22 hours and 18 minutes.
    Eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping.

5. Oct 4, 2007 #4
    I have the same need only more specific. Iwant to find Gauss' formal observation," the math fundamental "Enigma of Asymptotic Infinity" is a "diabolically tanatious" fact as relating to general social behaviour.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?