Need Comprehensive highscool algebra exam

In summary, the conversation is about finding resources to relearn elementary algebra, including topics like logarithmic and exponential functions, radical expressions, polynomial operations, analytic geometry, and systems of equations. Trigonometry is also mentioned as a necessary skill before moving on to calculus. The importance of mastering these basic concepts before moving on to more advanced math is emphasized.
badstudent
Hi,

I am trying to relearn algebra and i haven't studied in many years. I was hoping someone knew of an online exam that i can download and printout that covers most if not all of elementary algebra topics.

There are many example questions online using applets ect buy i would like to print it out with answers so i can test myself.

Any links would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Mathematics news on Phys.org
Elementary high school math

functions: logrithmic, exponential
radical expressions
working with polynomials: Summing, subtracting, dividing, multipling
analytic geometry
systems of equations In maybe p to three variables
i.e linear quadraitc absolute.

Of the top of my head those are the basics requirements, you diffinitely have to MASTER those before calc.

threetheoreom said:
functions: logrithmic, exponential
radical expressions
working with polynomials: Summing, subtracting, dividing, multipling
analytic geometry
systems of equations In maybe p to three variables
i.e linear quadraitc absolute.

Of the top of my head those are the basics requirements, you diffinitely have to MASTER those before calc.

Trigonometry as well.

you need to know how to add, multiply, and divide polynomials, perform the euclidean algortihm for finding gcd's, and use the root /factor theorem. (a is a root iff x-a is a factor).

Do you really need to know how to divide polynomials? I can't even remember the last time I've had to do that...

whens the last time you integrated a rational function? or found the gcd of two polynomials? yes knowing how to divide should obviously be considered basic.

and just as "obviously" trigonometry is NOT algebra.

Crap, I could have swore this was Algebra 2.

news flash: algebra is about finite operations, trig is about "transcendental" functions that require infinite series to define.

1. What topics does the comprehensive high school algebra exam cover?

The comprehensive high school algebra exam covers a range of topics including equations, functions, inequalities, polynomials, factoring, exponents, logarithms, and systems of equations.

2. How long is the comprehensive high school algebra exam?

The length of the comprehensive high school algebra exam can vary depending on the specific exam and school, but typically it takes around 2-3 hours to complete.

3. Are calculators allowed on the comprehensive high school algebra exam?

It depends on the specific exam and school. Some exams may allow certain types of calculators, while others may not allow any calculators at all. It is important to check with the exam guidelines or your teacher beforehand.

4. What is a passing score on the comprehensive high school algebra exam?

Again, the passing score can vary depending on the specific exam and school. In general, a passing score is usually around 60-70%, but it is best to check with the exam guidelines or your teacher for the specific passing score.

5. How can I prepare for the comprehensive high school algebra exam?

Some ways to prepare for the comprehensive high school algebra exam include studying your notes and textbook, completing practice problems, and seeking help from a teacher or tutor if needed. It is also important to get a good night's sleep before the exam and to arrive early to the exam location.