1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Testing Need electronics example problems

1. Feb 19, 2013 #1
    Anyone know of any websites or books that have lots of electronics example problems? I'm in an Electronics for Scientists class and the book has zero examples it goes through to show you how to apply the stuff it tells you about in the chapters. The teacher doesn't go through any examples similar to questions we'll see on homework or tests, he just gives us formulas and expects us to know how to apply them to each situation we're given. So it would help if I could have example problems to look at that would show me how to use each of these electronics ideas.

I would have put this thread in "math and science learning materials" but for some reason I can't create new threads in that forum.

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 20, 2013 #2
    You are extremely vague. You should elaborate on "electronics examples".

4. Feb 20, 2013 #3

jtbell

Staff: Mentor

That's because those forums are not for requesting learning materials. They're for links to such materials, or the actual materials themselves.

5. Feb 20, 2013 #4

George Jones

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Yes. I think that it also might be helpful to specify the text that is being used for the course.

6. Feb 20, 2013 #5
    Yeah I guess that is vague. But the book we have is "Basic Electronics: An introduction to electronics for science students".

The class is all about circuits. So it extends from the very basic stuff we learned in Physics 2 about circuits, such as Kirchoff's laws and stuff.
    Oh ok, I was just about to post the thread and found that forum and was happy I was going to post a thread in the right forum for once, and then I wasn't able to.

7. Feb 21, 2013 #6
    Schaum's Outlines of Electric Circuits
    Schaum's Outlines of Electronic Devices and Circuits

All the examples you need.

8. Feb 21, 2013 #7
    Thank you very much.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook