Need help finding a topic PLEASE

• Thread starter KC6794
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Topic
In summary, the person is in need of a topic to study in the field of physics within two days. They have a limited amount of time due to working long hours and their tutor has given them a deadline. They are looking for a fun and fairly easy topic and are open to multiple suggestions. One suggestion given is to study how a CRT monitor works, specifically in the area of sound. The person who gave the suggestion is willing to provide more information and assistance. They have already sent a private message to the person asking for help.
KC6794
I need to find and study a topic of physics. My tutor told me he wants me to study something in one of several different topics and physics is one of my choices. He has told me if I do not learn something new in 3 days he will not study with me anymore. I have 2 days to learn it and I need to learn it very well. I am looking for some suggestions about a fun fairly easy topic to study. I work 10-18 hours a day so I do not have much time in those 2 days. Please if you have any suggestions let me know. If you can suggest more then one I That would be very helpful as we have studied a lot of physics already together. Thank you in advance for any help you may provide.

Thank you for reading,
Chris

Physics news on Phys.org
In what area of physics do you nedd a topic?

raise you eyes, look on something, ask yourself how does it work, stick with basics.
Do you how does CRT monitor works?

Wow, not to put hte pressure on jeez :bugeye:...A topic in physics huh. Hmm, :rolleyes:can it be anything within the field of physics? You could do something in sound. A close tube experiment perhaps. That wouldn't take very much time. You could show how to find the speed of a wave in a closed tube and explain why only certain harmonics appear from that fundamental frequency. I can provide more information if you like. It sounds complicated but isn't. It doesn't take all that much time either. You could easily fit it into your day. PM or e-mail me if you want some more help. I'd be more than happy and willing to help you. :smile:

Kitty

Thank you

I sent you a pm thank you for taking your time to help me.

I got it. You are very welcome.

1. What should I consider when choosing a topic for my research?

When choosing a topic for your research, you should consider your interests, the relevance and significance of the topic, the availability of resources, and the scope of your research. It is also important to consider the potential impact of your research and its contribution to the field.

2. Where can I find inspiration for my research topic?

Inspiration for your research topic can come from various sources such as current events, personal experiences, gaps in existing literature, discussions with peers and professors, and emerging trends in your field of study. It is important to keep an open mind and explore different avenues for potential research topics.

3. How do I narrow down my research topic?

To narrow down your research topic, you can start by conducting a preliminary literature review to identify gaps or areas of interest within your field. You can also discuss your ideas with your peers and professors for feedback and suggestions. Additionally, you can consider the scope and feasibility of your topic, and if necessary, refine or narrow it down further.

4. What are some common mistakes to avoid when choosing a research topic?

Some common mistakes to avoid when choosing a research topic include selecting a topic that is too broad or too narrow, choosing a topic without considering the availability of resources, and selecting a topic that is not relevant or significant to your field of study. It is also important to avoid choosing a topic that has been extensively researched or lacks potential for original contribution.

5. How can I ensure that my research topic is original and unique?

To ensure that your research topic is original and unique, you should conduct a thorough literature review to identify existing research on the topic. You can also consult with your professor or peers to receive feedback and suggestions on your topic. Additionally, you can try to approach your topic from a different perspective or consider a new angle to make it more unique.