Need help finding plug/socket cable connectors

• Thread starter AppleBite
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Cable
In summary, plug/socket cable connectors are devices used to connect two or more electrical cables together, consisting of a male plug and a female socket. There are various types available, including USB, HDMI, audio, and power connectors, each designed for a specific purpose. To choose the right one, consider the devices being connected, distance, data transfer speed, and compatibility. These connectors can be found at electronic and hardware stores, as well as online retailers, but it's important to purchase from a reputable source. Proper usage involves identifying male and female ends, ensuring compatibility, and gently inserting the male plug into the female socket without forcing it.
AppleBite
Hi guys,

I'm working on a project (a micromouse to be specific), and need an easy way to connect and disconnect some wires. The picture below shows some connectors I took from a computer fan, but I really need connectors with 4 pins instead of two.

Can anyone help me with what these are called (the "plug" and the "socket") and where I can buy them. I don't have a crimping tool, so looking for something with pre-crimped wires.

Thanks for any help,
AB
cable.jpg

Engineering news on Phys.org
perhaps This is what you are looking for?

Edit: Under "pin and socket connectors"

1. What are plug/socket cable connectors?

Plug/socket cable connectors are devices used to connect two or more electrical cables together. They consist of a male plug and a female socket that fit together to create a secure and reliable connection.

2. What types of plug/socket cable connectors are available?

There are various types of plug/socket cable connectors available, including USB, HDMI, audio, and power connectors. Each type is designed for a specific purpose and has different features and compatibility.

3. How do I choose the right plug/socket cable connector for my needs?

To choose the right plug/socket cable connector, you need to consider the type of devices you are connecting, the distance between them, and the required data transfer speed. It's also essential to ensure that the connectors are compatible with each other.

4. Where can I find plug/socket cable connectors?

Plug/socket cable connectors can be found at most electronic stores, hardware stores, and online retailers. It's important to purchase from a reputable source to ensure the quality and compatibility of the connectors.

5. How do I properly use plug/socket cable connectors?

To use plug/socket cable connectors, you need to first identify the male and female ends and ensure that they are compatible. Then, gently insert the male plug into the female socket until it clicks into place. Make sure not to force the connection, as this can damage the connectors.