Need help in how to find the resistance of a liquid

In summary, the resistance of a liquid can be found using the formula R= ρL/A, where ρ is the resistivity of the liquid, L is the length of the liquid, and A is the cross-sectional area of the liquid. The resistance is measured in ohms (Ω) and the resistivity is measured in ohm-meters (Ωm). The resistivity of a liquid is affected by temperature, and can be described by the formula ρ = ρ0 (1 + α(T – T0)). The resistance of a liquid can change over time due to factors such as temperature, contamination, and chemical reactions, making it important to regularly monitor it.
kerschel
How to find copper sulphate resistance. I know that with the increase on concentration to the solution the resistance will decrease because of less water in it and water is a conductor of electricity but i want to know if there is a method of finding the resistance.

I was thinking to place copper sulphate as electrodes in a solution with circuit equipment on it but it sounds wrong.

Physics news on Phys.org
Do you want an empirical answer or a theoretical one?

theorethical

1. How do I find the resistance of a liquid?

The resistance of a liquid can be found by using the formula R= ρL/A, where R is the resistance, ρ is the resistivity of the liquid, L is the length of the liquid, and A is the cross-sectional area of the liquid.

2. What units are used to measure resistance of a liquid?

The resistance of a liquid is measured in ohms (Ω).

3. What is the resistivity of a liquid?

The resistivity of a liquid is a measure of its resistance to electric current and is specific to each liquid. It is usually denoted by the symbol ρ and is measured in ohm-meters (Ωm).

4. How does temperature affect the resistance of a liquid?

The resistivity of a liquid is affected by temperature, as the molecules in the liquid move faster at higher temperatures, causing an increase in resistance. This relationship can be described by the formula ρ = ρ0 (1 + α(T – T0)), where ρ0 is the resistivity at a reference temperature, α is the temperature coefficient of resistivity, T is the current temperature, and T0 is the reference temperature.

5. Can the resistance of a liquid change over time?

Yes, the resistance of a liquid can change over time due to factors such as temperature, contamination, and chemical reactions. It is important to regularly monitor the resistance of a liquid to ensure accurate measurements and to determine any changes in the liquid's properties.