Anyone can give me ideas of how to find resistance of a liquid

In summary, the resistance of copper sulphate solution decreases with increasing concentration due to the decrease in water content, which is a conductor of electricity. One method of finding the resistance is by using copper sulphate as electrodes in a solution with circuit equipment, although this may not be the most accurate method. Other methods, such as using online resources or consulting engineering experts, may also be helpful in determining the liquid resistance of copper sulphate.
kerschel
How to find copper sulphate resistance. I know that with the increase on concentration to the solution the resistance will decrease because of less water in it and water is a conductor of electricity but i want to know if there is a method of finding the resistance.

I was thinking to place copper sulphate as electrodes in a solution with circuit equipment on it but it sounds wrong.

trying to get a way to find liquid resistance any methods would be helpful

Physics news on Phys.org

1. How do I measure the resistance of a liquid?

To measure the resistance of a liquid, you will need a conductivity meter. This device measures the electrical conductivity of a liquid, which is directly related to its resistance. You can dip the probe of the meter into the liquid and take a reading, or you can use a cell with two electrodes to measure the resistance of the liquid in between them.

2. Can I use Ohm's Law to calculate the resistance of a liquid?

No, Ohm's Law (which states that resistance equals voltage divided by current) is only applicable to solid conductors. Liquids have varying conductivities and do not follow Ohm's Law, so it is not a reliable method for calculating their resistance.

3. How does temperature affect the resistance of a liquid?

The resistance of a liquid is directly proportional to its temperature. As the temperature of a liquid increases, its resistance also increases. This is because higher temperatures cause the molecules in the liquid to move faster, making it more difficult for electricity to pass through.

4. Are there any factors that can affect the accuracy of resistance measurements in liquids?

Yes, there are several factors that can affect the accuracy of resistance measurements in liquids. These include the temperature of the liquid, the concentration of dissolved substances in the liquid, and the type of electrodes used for measurement. It is important to take these factors into account when conducting resistance measurements in liquids.

5. Can I use a multimeter to measure the resistance of a liquid?

No, a multimeter is not suitable for measuring the resistance of a liquid. Multimeters are designed for solid conductors and are not equipped to measure the conductivity of liquids. It is best to use a specialized conductivity meter for accurate measurements of liquid resistance.