Need help of establishing school engineering club

  • Thread starter Thread starter cheon7886
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Engineering School
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
cheon7886
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Hello.
I'm trying to make school engineering club, in high school, and I'm team leader.
We want to teach mechanical engineering&electrical engineering.
But I'm little confused because of setting curriculum of our club.
What books&What courses can be useful?
I'm thinking Digital Fundamentals/Electronics Fundamentals(floyd) and Make: Electronics, Arduino Cookbook will be helpful.
Any help that I receive will be greatly appreciated.
Regards,
Minseok
(Sorry for my low english level, I'm korean...)
 
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
cheon7886 said:
Hello.
I'm trying to make school engineering club, in high school, and I'm team leader.
We want to teach mechanical engineering&electrical engineering.
But I'm little confused because of setting curriculum of our club.
What books&What courses can be useful?
I'm thinking Digital Fundamentals/Electronics Fundamentals(floyd) and Make: Electronics, Arduino Cookbook will be helpful.
Any help that I receive will be greatly appreciated.
Regards,
Minseok
(Sorry for my low english level, I'm korean...)

Welcome to the PF. I think using the MAKE Magazine DIY projects as the initial basis for your club is a great idea. It gives folks immediate tangible results, instead of just being another class to sit through.
 
When I was in high school, we had a digital electronics club and we used simple TTL components to make ripple counters, clocks, and other neat little electronic widgets like that. You could also go more advanced and make a small balancing inverted pendulum (like a mini Segway), but that would a bit of help from a teacher to get the mechanics and controls down.