Engineering project ideas for an engineering club in my school

In summary, the speaker is looking for ideas for engineering projects to include in their school's new engineering club. They want the projects to be interesting and engaging for students and to promote science and engineering education. Suggestions such as electronics projects and robotics kits are mentioned, but the budget and age range of students are important considerations.
Enjamiering
Hi I'm starting an engineering club in my school and I'd like some ideas of engineer-like projects to make.

I'm really concerned with it being interesting and it being something that people want to be a part of considering my school is pretty uninvolved.

The projects I have in mind emphasize campus exposure to the club and science/engineering education as the most important aspect.

I would really appreciate it if anyone could give some suggestions to a project(s) that allow people to learn engineering through a hands on and visual approach.

Thank you!

Engineering news on Phys.org
Electronics projects are always interesting, but that depends on your club's budget. For instance, you could look into programming Arduinos to accomplish some task. Alternately, you could look around at the many robotics kits there are out there.

What is the age range of the students in your school and that you hope to attract to your club.

1. What type of engineering projects can we do in our school's engineering club?

The type of engineering projects you can do will depend on the resources and expertise available in your school. Some ideas include building a robot, designing and constructing a bridge, creating a renewable energy system, or developing a computer program. It's important to brainstorm with your club members and choose a project that interests everyone.

2. How can we come up with a unique engineering project idea?

To come up with a unique engineering project idea, you can start by identifying a problem or challenge in your community or school. Then, brainstorm with your club members to come up with innovative solutions. You can also research current engineering trends and technologies to inspire your project idea.

3. What materials and resources will we need for our engineering project?

The materials and resources you will need will depend on the specific project you choose. It's important to plan and budget for the necessary materials and equipment beforehand. You can also reach out to local businesses or organizations for donations or sponsorships to help fund your project.

4. How can we ensure that our engineering project is safe?

Safety should always be a top priority when working on an engineering project. Make sure to research safety guidelines and protocols for the materials and equipment you will be using. It's also important to have adult supervision and follow proper safety procedures while working on the project.

5. How can we document and present our engineering project?

Documenting and presenting your engineering project is an important aspect of the process. Consider keeping a project journal or creating a visual presentation to showcase your project. You can also participate in local or regional engineering competitions to showcase your project and receive feedback from judges.