Sourcing a spherical metal vacuum chamber with international shipping

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
5 replies · 3K views
Mathiasrd
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
TL;DR
Looking for a spherical vacuum chamber
Sorry for bad english, does anyone know where I can purchase a spherical vacuum chamber made from metal, that preferably ships internationally ?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF.

Are you wanting to build a DIY fusor, or some sort of laboratory-grade tokamak? :wink:

Also, what is your experience level with high-voltage systems and handling x-rays?
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: bhobba and hutchphd
I don't know about too many people who could successfully built one DIY, but I know nobody who could do it without a mentor. (I mean, an IRL one. With expertise. In many things.)

So - just get one.

Ps.: it's an advantage if that mentor knows where the dismissed equipment from the local university get dumped.
 
Last edited:
If any.

While I am sure spherical vacuum chambers exist, I have never - in decades in and around labs - have seen one. As a general rule, you want your equipment staying where you put it and not rolling around on the bench. Or rolling onto the floor and breaking. Or....or...or...
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: kered rettop and bhobba
Also, I wonder why it is not common knowledge that this level of energy and stuff already means radiation/radioactive hazard?

Sure, by now it's 'easy' to do early experiments since all the calculations and know-how is readily available from 'history' books, but seriously :nb) :oldconfused: