1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Need help selecting compatible majors

1. Sep 3, 2009 #1
    I was wondering if any of you more experienced people might be able to help me out. I've been doing a lot of research but nothing beats actual experience.

Im just finishing up my AA this semester and am about to transfer to a university. I eventually want to work in aero/astrospace engineering (hopefully astrospace), so aerospace seems to be a good place to start. I was wondering what dual major would go best with it. I was thinking physics because it seems useful and it has always been my favorite, but mechanical engineering also seems like it would be pretty useful. I absolutely plan on taking whichever two I select to the doctorate level so if you have a specialization in mind, please feel free. Thanks! I appreciate your help.

Also, I might do electrical engineering (undergrad only) at some point to satisfy my hobbying.

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 3, 2009 #2
    I should point out I don't want to do a double major to look good on a resume or a grad school application they all just seem like they would be really useful for what I want to do.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook