1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Need help to begin research on M-theory

1. Mar 25, 2017 #1
    Hi, I am very interested in superspring and M-theory and hope to begin reserches on these fields. Could anone provide me some advice on how to enter into this field ? or could anyone suggests some foremost paper for me to read ? Thanks a lot !

by the way, I am a student studying physics undergraduately. Although my research in post graduate not concerns on fundamental physics, I have been always interted in these theories.

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 25, 2017 #2

haushofer

Science Advisor

I'd start with Zwiebach. After that, green-schwarz-witten combined with Tong's lecture notes are good. I also like West.

4. Mar 25, 2017 #3

ZapperZ

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2016 Award

Have you approached any of your instructors with this question? He/she, more than anyone of us on here, should know more about your academic background and will be able to give you a more appropriate recommendation.

Zz.

5. Mar 31, 2017 #4
    Hi, haushofer, thank you very much ! you recommends much useful information for me. sorry that I was not able to response in time due to some troubles I confronted.

6. Mar 31, 2017 #5
    thank you, ZapperZ, you gave me a good advice. I will try. But I still do not find some people who study this field around me.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted