Need Help, trying to get a grasp about the universe.

In summary, the conversation is about the speaker's belief that the universe is like a bubble with many layers, each representing a different outcome of events. This is based on probability theory and the idea that the universe is constantly expanding. The speaker also mentions the connection between black holes and alternate universes. They acknowledge that they are not a scientist, but have taken classes in physics and probability and have done some outside research on the topic. The conversation also touches on the many-worlds interpretation of quantum mechanics, which states that all probabilities are played out in parallel universes. The speaker ends by jokingly asking for recognition if their ideas turn out to be true.
XurdeadX
Hi,
I am a current college student who asks a lot of questions and I recently tried to tackle the mystery of the universe. I did a little research on my own and personally feel that the universe is like a bubble with many many many layers that are created for every possible outcome of an event. Based on probability theory I can relate that every possible scenario is played out and creates a form of layer or alternate universe that keeps stacking so that in a way the universe seems to infinitely expand. I believe this started out with the Big Bang as a single moment with a fixed probability that continued to multiply with the moments leading up to it and eventually to our current state. The sheer complexity and conceptualization of every probability ever brought about is mind boggling yet plausible as compared to our current experiences of such immense objects and depth in our universe and yet these same probabalities continue to make this bubble grow larger logarithmically. Although I might not be a scientist, heck even a science major, and don't have such complex mathematical skills to prove this I think that other scientists have talked about this same topic and have not pursued it further. I personally base some of this background knowledge to classes that i have taken in physics, probability, and some outside research. I can go into this further, but in a way since we do not know much about black holes at all they may be the link to going through some of these alternate or parallel universes and if I am wrong, so be it, at least I am able to enlighten others to search for their own conceptualization and start a point of conversation. On the other hand let me know if you agree or disagree and whether your going to steal my idea and win a noble prize one day, just give me some recognition lol :)

Steven Solomon

Astronomy news on Phys.org
The many-worlds interpretation of QM doesn't say that all probabilities are played out in our universe...it says that all probabilities are played out in parallel universes which we could not observe...

1. What is the universe?

The universe is everything that exists, including all matter, energy, and space. It encompasses all galaxies, stars, planets, and other celestial bodies.

2. How old is the universe?

The current estimated age of the universe is about 13.8 billion years old. This age is based on observations of the cosmic microwave background radiation and other astronomical data.

3. How big is the universe?

The size of the observable universe is estimated to be about 93 billion light years in diameter. However, the actual size of the entire universe may be much larger and is still unknown.

4. What is dark matter and dark energy?

Dark matter and dark energy are two mysterious substances that make up about 95% of the total mass-energy of the universe. They cannot be seen or directly detected, but their existence is inferred through their effects on visible matter and the expansion of the universe.

5. How is the universe expanding?

The universe is expanding at an accelerating rate. This expansion is thought to be driven by dark energy, which is causing the space between galaxies to stretch. This expansion was first observed by astronomer Edwin Hubble in the 1920s and has been confirmed by numerous studies since then.