1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Need help with university course of choice

1. May 14, 2015 #1
    Well... The thing is that I want to improve space travel in the future, so should I be taking Aerospace Engineering or Astrophysics in university?

P.S. I am currently in a Polytechnic (aka Community College in USA) studying Aerospace engineering.

2. jcsd
  3. May 14, 2015 #2
    Aerospace engineering and astrophysics are very different. Improving space travel is a broad statement. you can basically be a physician and improve space travel !
    so you should decide, in which aspect exactly do you intend to improve it? the space side of Aerospace engineering is concerned with the building of rockets, spaceships, spacecraft guidance, satellites, etc.. I don't have much knowledge about astrophysics, but it sure deals with the science itself and the fundamental concepts rather than direct applications like engineering. I would like to stress out that aerospace engineering is NOT the only engineering discipline (or just disciple for that matter) that is concerned with space. Mechanical, Electrical, Computer and Chemical are all as much needed there.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook