1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Need ideas for Biological Model

1. Sep 8, 2007 #1
    I'm not sure if this should be in the homework forum or not, but anyhow.

I'm taking an introduction to Biomathematics class and for a project we have to develop a model. Now, it's a relatively easy project--our professor says we can even get any model and change a few variables.

But I know that a lot of people will be doing diseases, and prey-predator, etc since those can be relatively easy, and I was looking to do something more original and interesting.

Any ideas?

I'm sorry if this is the wrong forum.

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 8, 2007 #2

EnumaElish

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

You could have posted under Biology.

One idea is adaption to environment. "Species" that adapt survive; others don't.

Another is to model altruistic behavior. E.g., you would see animals adopting or feeding each other's babies, especially if the baby has lost its mother. But not all animals do this. There may be a mechanism that explains the circumstances under which animals adopt unrelated babies, and the circumstances under which they let the baby die.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?