1. PF Contest - Win "Conquering the Physics GRE" book! Click Here to Enter
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Need info about environmental science education

1. Dec 30, 2009 #1
    i want to know about environmental science education, what is this education exactly deals with can a student with a bachelor degree in mathematics can take this course.
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2009
  2. jcsd
  3. Dec 30, 2009 #2
    It depends on the school and the exact course, but everyone publishes their curricula so look around. Basically it's a lot of earth science, so geology, climate, water cycle and all that jazz, assorted bio and chem, stuff about the atmosphere, etc.

If you want to get a masters in it, it'll depend on the school. Assuming you've got good grades/recs/etc., some will require you to take undergrad courses to fill in blanks, some won't let you in, same as any other "I wanna major in x with y" situation. The math in earth science generally doesn't get too complex, it's mostly just knowing the science.
  4. Dec 31, 2009 #3
    I was looking through the profiles on AMS (American Mathematical Society)'s website, and saw a math major there with a PhD in Environmental Science, so it's definitely possible.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook