Need info about Radiant heating

• Thread starter jtesttubes
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Heating
In summary, radiant flooring is a type of underfloor heating where heat is generated by electrical resistance heaters or circulated water. This method helps prevent heat loss through conduction, convection, and radiation. More specific information and design criteria can be found through online searches and manufacturer websites.
jtesttubes
I have heard about this term called radiant flooring, i don't know exactly what it is can anyone here explain me about radiant flooring.

Engineering news on Phys.org
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Underfloor_heating"

Last edited by a moderator:
dlgoff said:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Underfloor_heating"

Thanks for the resource very useful , But this resource is not specific as what i wanted anyone could help me out.

Last edited by a moderator:
That link seemed pretty specific. The most common systems in use are electrical resistance heaters or circulated water heat. What exactly do you want to know?

jtesttubes said:
Thanks for the resource very useful , But this resource is not specific as what i wanted anyone could help me out.
You need to be specific about the lack of specificity.

If you are looking for specific design criteria, you'll be wise to do an online search and seek some manufacturer websites...same for specific installation instructions...

all standard criteria for heat loss prevention still apply...handling conduction, convection and radiation losses...

Related to Need info about Radiant heating

What is radiant heating?

Radiant heating is a type of heating system that uses infrared radiation to heat objects in a room, rather than heating the air itself. It can be achieved through electric panels, hot water tubing, or gas-fired systems.

How does radiant heating work?

Radiant heating works by using a heat source, such as electricity or hot water, to warm up a surface. The heat then radiates outwards, warming up objects and people in the room. This provides a more even and comfortable heat compared to traditional forced-air heating systems.

What are the benefits of radiant heating?

There are several benefits of using radiant heating. It is energy efficient, as it does not rely on blowing hot air around a room. It also provides a more even and comfortable heat, as there are no hot or cold spots in the room. Additionally, radiant heating can help reduce allergies and improve air quality, as it does not circulate dust or allergens like forced-air systems.

What are the different types of radiant heating systems?

There are three main types of radiant heating systems: electric, hydronic, and gas-fired. Electric radiant heating uses electric panels or cables to generate heat. Hydronic radiant heating uses hot water tubing to provide heat. Gas-fired radiant heating uses a gas-fired boiler to heat up water, which then circulates through tubing to provide heat.

Is radiant heating suitable for all types of buildings?

Radiant heating can be used in a variety of buildings, including homes, commercial buildings, and industrial facilities. However, the type of radiant heating system and installation method may vary depending on the building's size, structure, and heating needs. It is best to consult with a professional to determine the most suitable type of radiant heating for a specific building.