Need information how with simple technology make sticky fly paper

In summary, the conversation is about starting a small manufacturing business for producing sticky fly paper in a developing country where there is a lack of local production. The person is looking for information on how to make the fly paper using simple and cheap semi-mechanic machines and local materials, particularly how to make a sugar syrup that will not dry out. They have not been able to find much information online and are asking for suggestions and advice. The conversation ends with a clarification on the purpose of starting this specific enterprise and a comment about the need for a non-sticky side of the paper for rolling it up.
Ahmed_YJJ
Maybe little-bit strange and too specific post. I am trying to find information about this in several forums.
Situation:

I want to start small manufacturing business. Selfemployment and maybe one or two workers if needed. I want to produce sticky fly paper (in roll, not just board).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fly_paper

First question:
Fly paper seems to be comparably simple production. As my budget do not allow for now to import expensive automatic machines, I want just self-employment with simple mechanic tools and semi-automatic machines. I can neither afford, neither need those machines which produce 6000 pieces at hour. It will be great to produce 1000-2000 per day in beginning.

Just simple mechanic tools (semi-mechanic machines) for cutting, adding glue, how to get it rolled and in package. (Please - no jokes about scissors, brush etc)
Basically - fly paper is invented 160 years ago. How to make it with simple and cheap semi-machines as it was made maybe 60 years.

Second question:
From what kind components to make sticky glue that it does not become dry?

I searched in internet for information but was not successful. I found many places with advices how to make home-made fly paper, but this home-made is of course not packed in roll - just a sticky paper. Also for "glue" they advice to use (for melting with sugar) "Golden syrup" or "Maple syrup" or even honey. These of course is not solutions for commercial production.
I know that for glue often is used raisins, but surely for beginning I need to use local materials. Raisins is not produced here and because of custom taxes and transportation costs all imports is expensive here. And I can not import one 20ft container of raisins... :-)
But this is sugar producing country so the question is how to make sugar syrup that does not become dry.
Also I find in internet industry machines (but for boards not for roll) but that is not for me at least in start.
Any suggestions and information?

Engineering news on Phys.org
Just for curiosity, why are you starting this specific enterprise ?

john.phillip said:
Just for curiosity, why are you starting this specific enterprise ?
Well, local market is empty (this is developing country), also to produce locally would be cheaper than import because of high custom taxes, slowly custom clearance and high transportation costs.

Thanks, now I get the picture. Unfortunately, I'm not of much use here, so good luck then.

You need to put something that is not sticky on one side of the paper if you want to roll it up. That is probably more of a chemistry question though.

1. How does sticky fly paper work?

Sticky fly paper works by using a sticky substance, usually made of natural ingredients like resin or honey, to trap flies when they come into contact with it. Flies are attracted to the sweet scent of the sticky substance and get stuck on the paper.

2. What materials do I need to make sticky fly paper?

To make sticky fly paper at home, you will need a few simple materials such as paper or cardboard, a sticky substance like honey or sugar syrup, and something to hang the paper with, like string or a paperclip.

3. How do I make sticky fly paper?

To make sticky fly paper, first cut your paper or cardboard into strips. Then, heat up your sticky substance in a pot on the stove until it becomes liquid. Dip the paper strips into the sticky substance, making sure to cover both sides. Hang the strips to dry and once they are completely dry, they are ready to use.

4. How do I use sticky fly paper?

To use sticky fly paper, simply hang it near areas where flies are commonly found, such as near windows, doors, or trash cans. The sweet scent of the sticky substance will attract flies and they will become stuck on the paper. Once the paper is covered in flies, simply dispose of it and replace with a new strip if needed.

5. Is sticky fly paper safe to use around pets and children?

Yes, sticky fly paper is safe to use around pets and children as long as they do not come into direct contact with it. It is important to hang the paper out of reach of pets and children to avoid any accidental contact. Also, be sure to dispose of used strips properly and keep them out of reach of pets and children.