Efficiently Updating Address List for Non-Profit Organization: Any Suggestions?

• Thread starter Flyer
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Ideas
In summary, the person is working on a summer job updating a list of addresses for a non-profit organization. The list has 11,000 entries, ranging from 3 to 40 years old, and includes birthdays. The data is currently on an Excel spreadsheet that was created in 2002 from 11,000 index cards. They are looking for a cost-effective way to update the addresses and check if the individuals are still alive, as they need to reach out to them for the organization's anniversary. They are seeking suggestions for websites or services that can handle this task efficiently.
Flyer
So my summer job consists of me updating a list of addresses. There are about 11,000 entries from 3 to 40 years old. It's for a non-profit organization, so it kind of has to be cheap. Anyone know where I can go or what I can do? Oh, and I have birthdays too. Does anyone have any ideas?
Note: this is a completely legit organization. The people on this list willingly gave us their names and addresses.

Computer science news on Phys.org
Is the data in a database already or do you have 11,000 paper entries? What needs to be updated and why? I could write the sql if you need it, just need more info.

The data is on an Excel spreadsheet (which was created in 2002 from 11,000 index cards) and run through the National Change of Address. They only record the changes of address for the past 4 years. What I need to update are the addresses and possibly (but I hope I won't have to) whether or not the person is still alive. I was wondering if anyone knew of any websites/services that can do this en mass. I don't want to scan them all through whitepages.com. The reason: we want to get in touch with them for our organization's anniversary.

What is the purpose of "Need some help: Any Ideas?"

The purpose of "Need some help: Any Ideas?" is to solicit suggestions and solutions from others on a specific problem or issue that the person is facing. It is a way to seek assistance and get different perspectives on a particular topic.

How can I effectively ask for help?

To effectively ask for help, it is important to clearly state the problem or issue you are facing and provide as much information as possible. Be specific about what type of help you are looking for and how it will be beneficial. It is also helpful to show appreciation and gratitude for any suggestions or ideas given.

Can I request for help in any topic or subject?

Yes, you can request for help in any topic or subject. "Need some help: Any Ideas?" is a general platform where individuals can seek assistance on a wide range of topics, from personal issues to professional projects. However, it is important to keep in mind that the responses and suggestions given may not always be accurate or relevant.

How can I give helpful and constructive feedback on someone's request for help?

To give helpful and constructive feedback on someone's request for help, it is important to first understand the problem or issue they are facing. Ask clarifying questions and provide suggestions or solutions that are relevant and respectful. Avoid being judgmental or dismissive in your feedback.

Is it necessary to follow up after receiving help?

Following up after receiving help is not necessary, but it is always appreciated. If someone has taken the time to provide suggestions or solutions, it is courteous to update them on the outcome or progress of their assistance. It also shows appreciation for their effort and willingness to help.