1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

New engineering graduate student seeking advice

1. Feb 14, 2013 #1
    Hello,

I am a new engineering graduate student who did my undergraduate study in mathematics. I am now a few weeks into my first semester and I am in an advanced internal combustion engine class which I am sorely under prepared for.

I have tried going to my school's library and checking out several books on introductory chemical combustion, but these books either assume slightly more than what I already know about chemistry or start from a point in particle and quantum physics which makes it difficult to follow to the point they actually start talking about chemical combustion.

I have tried talking to my school's academic support center for tutoring on the subject, but they don't have anyone who knows chemical combustion. I'm seeking a solution of either a good book with problems I can work as well as a way to check the accuracy of my answers, or a tutoring solution. I really don't want to have to withdraw from this course to preserve my GPA, but I will if I feel it has come to a point that I feel my GPA is threatened. Any advice would be appreciated.

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 16, 2013 #2
    Bernkastel-

Send me a PM. I have some notes from a senior undergrad IC engines course that you may find useful. Include the name of the textbook you are using.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook