New Model Beynod the Standard Model Formulation

• Thread starter welatiger
  • Start date

Main Question or Discussion Point

Hi;

I'm working on a new model beynod the standard model one of MSSM with B-L symmetry
I'm trying to install CompHep (Event Generator) on Linux OS (Fedora 17)
but always i get the same error

gcc -o bin/tab_view.exe src/plot/view_tab.o -lnum -lserv -Llib -lX11 -lm -lg2c
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lg2c
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [link] Error 1

i have already installed
1)GCC.
2)libX11 package.
3)g77 Compiler.

I dont Know what is the Problem

many thanks

Answers and Replies

arivero
Gold Member
+1 to the B-L

gfortran and gcc have packaging problems during the transition from gcc3.x to gcc4. Note I say "gfortran"; one of the problems was the change of flavour of the fortran compiler. It could help if you install or uninstall some packages in Fedora.

i'm sorry i don't understand
do you mean i must install gfortran
can i talk you from E-mails

Use a combination of madgraph 5 and the Feynrules mathematica package instead of CompHEP. You can just drop your lagrangian into Mathematica, and everything else is taken care of for you. Its much easier to use, especially if you aren't familiar with all the headaches that can arise because of the switch from g77 to gfortran. I think the Feynrules page even has an MSSM implementation that should be easy to modify for your purposes.

Ok How can i implement such a model in mathematica

arivero
Gold Member
i'm sorry i don't understand
do you mean i must install gfortran
can i talk you from E-mails
Yes I mean that depending of your version of gcc you can need either g77 or gfortran. I am sorry I do not remember the details.

Ok thank you for your concern

Ok How can i implement such a model in mathematica
Download the feyrules package (google it). Download the MSSM implementation. Modify the lagrangian as necessary. Use the madgraph output format.

To generate events, download madgraph 5, follow the instructions to point it to the output files from feynrules.

Vanadium 50
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
2019 Award
One issue with MG/ME is that they use g77, f77 and gfortran, sometimes interchangably, sometimes not, and different gcc releases and different architectures treat those three aliases differently. In particular, 64-bit is usually a lot fussier than 32-bit. I don't think there is a simple solution, although running on a 32-bit machine usually helps.