No sterling or euro option

• Thread starter tiny-tim
  • Start date
In summary, the 1 year and 5 year options now only offer sterling as an option for contributions. This is likely due to the high exchange rate between the euro and sterling.
tiny-tim
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Why is there is no longer a sterling or euro option for 1yr contributions (though there is for 5yr)? … see https://www.physicsforums.com/payments.php"

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
I don't know the answer to your question-- maybe it's to save having to calculate exchange rates on a regular basis. If you look at the 5 year option, you'll see that the rates quoted are very favourable towards sterling, and so I imagine were set quite some time ago!

Thanks for posting the question tiny-tim.Mentors,If I go for the five year option are there instructions on how to pay?A silly question perhaps but I found nothing when I clicked on the reference above.

Last edited:
I believe payments ae through PayPal.

Thank you tiny-tim,cristo and Kurdt,I had no idea what paypal is(I am a computer idiot) but my youngest son was visiting and he paid via his account and added an avatar.

Dadface said:
Thank you tiny-tim,cristo and Kurdt,I had no idea what paypal is(I am a computer idiot) but my youngest son was visiting and he paid via his account and added an avatar.

Congrats on becoming a contributor!

Dadface said:
… and added an avatar.

Is that Fred the Flour Grader? :biggrin:

graded grains make finer flour! :wink:

tiny-tim said:
Is that Fred the Flour Grader? :biggrin:

graded grains make finer flour! :wink:

Yes that's Fred.My wife has a collection of them.There's Fred's and all sorts of other stuff around my house.

Like "Smash" Martians and Nipper the dog? :biggrin:

May we se a group photograph? :tongue2:​

tiny-tim said:
Like "Smash" Martians and Nipper the dog? :biggrin:

May we se a group photograph? :tongue2:​

No Smash Martians but a single Nipper plus several Muffin the Mules,antique childs sewing machines,egg cups, tea pots,brewernalia,teddy bears,wind up horn gramophones,scientific instruments,old radios(including an early1920s BBC crystal set which still works)the list goes on and on and most of the stuff is stored in the loft.
I don't know how to send photographs or other attachments but it is something I have been meaning to learn for some time now and I will certainly have a crack at it.During the week my son is flying off to yet another exotic location and I may have to wait until he returns.

I this has been answered, but for future inquiries, the following might be helpful.

Kurdt said:
I believe payments are through PayPal.

Payments are through Paypal, but you do not need a Paypal account. There will be an option to pay with credit card.

The subscriptions have been updated to reflect current currency rates :smile:

What does "No sterling or euro option" mean?

"No sterling or euro option" means that a certain product, service, or transaction is not available in either British pounds (sterling) or euros. This could be due to various reasons such as currency restrictions, geographical limitations, or simply a business decision.

Why are sterling and euro the only currencies mentioned in this phrase?

Sterling and euro are two of the most widely used and recognized currencies in the world. They are often used as a benchmark for international transactions and are commonly accepted in many countries. Therefore, the absence of these two currencies may significantly limit the availability of a product or service.

Can I still use other currencies besides sterling and euro?

It depends on the situation. Some businesses may offer alternative currency options, while others may only accept sterling or euro. It is important to check with the specific company or organization for their accepted forms of payment.

Is "No sterling or euro option" a common phrase in the business world?

Yes, it is a commonly used phrase in the business world, especially in international trade. It is often seen in contracts, agreements, and terms and conditions of various companies that deal with multiple currencies.

How does "No sterling or euro option" affect me as a consumer?

As a consumer, "No sterling or euro option" means that you may not be able to use your local currency to purchase a particular product or service. You may need to exchange your currency into either sterling or euro to complete the transaction, which could potentially result in additional fees or charges.