Normal force on a car at the top of a circular hill

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 3K views
sophendo
Circular Motion

I think what I don't understand is how to find the normal force, especially with an object on a hill. My teacher didn't go over it very well so I have only a vague understanding of it. [b(] Here is a sample question that deals with it that I can not seem to figure out how to go about it.

A 1000-kg sports car moving at 20 m/s crosses the rounded top of a hill (radius=100m). Determine the normal force on the car.

I think if I understand how to do this problem, I'll be fine with the others. Thanks for any input!

*edited. Sorry! I posted the wrong problem. haha. This should be the one. Yup, normal force.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org