Not sure what I should major in when I get to college.

  • Topic: Schools 
  • Thread starter Thread starter burkie.31
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    College Major
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
8 replies · 3K views
burkie.31
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
I really like physics and mathematics but Physics is hard at times and Math can be a breeze. I got into college to major in Mechanical engineering but i fear the level of psychics I will encounter will scare me garbageless and I would hate to know I wasted a year trying something I know I probably won't be good @.

Should I enroll in mechanical engineering or try something new. Btw I was always involved in science subjects. Hated chemistry though. I had economic in mind but I would have to start all over because I have no business knowledge.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
burkie.31 said:
I really like physics and mathematics but Physics is hard at times and Math can be a breeze. I got into college to major in Mechanical engineering but i fear the level of psychics I will encounter will scare me garbageless and I would hate to know I wasted a year trying something I know I probably won't be good @.

Should I enroll in mechanical engineering or try something new. Btw I was always involved in science subjects. Hated chemistry though. I had economic in mind but I would have to start all over because I have no business knowledge.

I'm not even sure what you're asking. Physics, just like Math, Mechanical engineering, or any other subject can be very hard "at times." If you are not challenged to the point of despair in your mechanical engineering curriculum, it's probably not a very good program (seriously!).

If you "really like" physics and don't "really like" mechanical engineering, I don't know why you'd do mechanical engineering. Neither is a cake walk.
 
'I got into college to major in Mechanical engineering but i fear the level of psychics ..'

I suggest spending your attribute points in attributes that provide mental resistance, eg, wisdom or intelligence. Counter-spell scrolls can also do the trick, be sure to buy some from the shop after adventuring.
 
burkie.31 said:
EE? What's that?:confused:

EE = electrical engineering.
 
I haven't started college yet, I have until spring semester. I know neither is a cake walk but I just wanted some insight about whether or not I should take on Mechanical Engineering. Think I'll just wait until I see what the curriculum is like and decide from then. Thanks though
 
If you like math so much, just go get a math degree.
 
Don't bail so easily. Sounds like you haven't had any college classes yet, much less engineering. When I enrolled in Mechanical Engineering, I remember freaking out when I looked in the course catalog at all the classes I needed to take. I had no idea what the names of the courses even meant! Fortunately, everything is a progression and by the time I got to the Jr. level class I most feared, it was relatively easy because of the previous classes in the curriculum.

You picked your course of study for a reason. Stick it out until you encounter a tangible reason to change. Chances are you won't.