Nuclear Mechanic/ Engineering Laboratory Technician

In summary, a nuclear mechanic or engineering laboratory technician is a trained professional responsible for maintaining, repairing, and monitoring the equipment and systems used in nuclear power plants. They play a crucial role in ensuring the safe and efficient operation of these facilities by conducting regular inspections, performing preventive maintenance, and troubleshooting any issues that arise. These technicians must have a strong understanding of nuclear physics, electronics, and mechanical systems in order to effectively carry out their duties. They also play a critical role in ensuring compliance with all safety regulations and protocols to prevent any potential hazards or accidents.
schmikah
To everyone reading this, hello.
I'm obviously new but bursting with interest in nuclear plant design. I already have six years of experience in Naval nuclear power plant operation and maintenance, so if anyone can clue me into the wider world, I would be eternally grateful.

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome schmikah, you should look at our Nuclear Engineering forum. This is introductions only. :smile: