Nuclear Science Crash Course: From Atoms to Radioisotopes to Radiation Dose

  • Thread starter Thread starter Adanali
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 3K views
Adanali
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
ATOMS, ISOTOPES AND RADIOISOTOPES:
Atoms, Isotopes, Radioisotopes, Artificial Transmutation: How radioisotopes are manufactured

Radioactivity and how it is detected:
Alpha decay, Beta Decay, Gamma decay, How radiation is detected

Properties of alpha, beta and gamma radiation:
Alpha particles, Beta particles, Gamma rays, The ionising abilities of alpha, beta and gamma radiation, The energy of Alpha-Beta-Gamma radiation

Half Life and activity of radioisotopes:
Decay Series

Radiation dose and its effect on humans:
Measuring radiation exposure, The effects of radiation

I've got a test coming up and it's my fault for not listening and paying attention in class as I thought it will be easy but it ain't. I need a way to learn all this to answer from simply questions like how many protons,neutrons and nucleons are in the following nuclides to a radioactive isotope has a life of 1 hour, if a sample initially contains 100 mg of this isotope, which one of the following correctly gives the amount of the radioisotope remaining after 2 hours have elapsed: none,50mg,25mg,100mg... Etc. Questions like these and harder will be on the test like drawing graphs etc.

Thank you.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Hi,
Radiation detection and measurement by Knoll may be suitable for you.., But it doesn't cover all you need.
 
Sorry, I don't want Books, I want information that i can get on the net. I just want websites that will first teach me the basics and I might be able to catch up from there. Thank you.
 
Wow Thanks Rajini, Really helped a lot, hope to see more websites ;)