Number of Turns/Circular Motion

• Thread starter smr101
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Motion
In summary, the number of turns in circular motion is directly related to the radius and speed of the object. It can be calculated by dividing the angle of rotation by 360 degrees and has a direct impact on the centripetal force and stability of the object. Fractional numbers of turns are possible when the object does not complete a full revolution.
smr101
vJljG.jpg

eiEs8.jpg

Having problems with (b)(iiI).

I've tried using the kinetic energy value = work done and dividing that by torque.

I've also tried used the other circular motion formulas but haven't had any success.

Attempt:

Wd = θ x T

Ek(from b ii) = Wd

θ = 2278.29/0.6
= 3797 turns

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Show us what you've tried.

SteamKing said:
Show us what you've tried.

I've added what I tried.

I'm asking about a different question here, previous one was in regards to (b) (i), this is (b)(iii).

θ = 2278.29/0.6 = 3797 turns

Two errors..

1)Typo.. 2278.29 should be 2778.29
2) Check the units of angular displacement θ. (Hint: it's not turns)

1. What is the relationship between number of turns and circular motion?

The number of turns in circular motion is directly related to the radius and the speed of the object. The more turns an object makes, the smaller the radius and the higher the speed.

2. How is the number of turns calculated in circular motion?

The number of turns in circular motion can be calculated by dividing the angle of rotation by 360 degrees. This gives the number of full turns made by the object.

3. Does the number of turns affect the centripetal force in circular motion?

Yes, the number of turns has a direct impact on the centripetal force in circular motion. As the number of turns increases, the force required to maintain the circular motion also increases.

4. Can circular motion have a fractional number of turns?

Yes, circular motion can have a fractional number of turns. This can occur when the object is not completing a full revolution, but instead only a portion of it.

5. How does the number of turns affect the stability of an object in circular motion?

The number of turns has a direct impact on the stability of an object in circular motion. The more turns an object makes, the more stable it becomes as the centripetal force increases, keeping the object on its circular path.