Observational evidence against expanding universe in MNRAS

In summary, after a long discussion, it has been acknowledged that this paper, which has been published in a reputable peer-reviewed journal, can be useful and constructive. The paper challenges the expanding universe hypothesis and presents evidence that contradicts predictions made based on this hypothesis. The alternative hypothesis proposes that the universe is not expanding and that there is a linear relationship between redshift and distance. This hypothesis has been found to fit observational data as well as the commonly accepted LCDM model, but without the need for any free parameters. It is also noted that the observed phenomena of galaxy formation, star formation, and nuclear fusion do not require expansion to occur. Other possibilities, such as a fractal distribution of matter or a weakening of gravity at large distances,
For each and every GALEX MIS3-SDSSDR5 galaxy, how did you determine the "angular radius"?

The GALEX catalog provides a 50% flux radius--half light radius--for both FUV and NUV. We used those for this calculation. So, yes first we eliminated the >0.4 stellarity entries and then we plotted the numbers. there was a sharp fall-off at the minimum measurable radius.

Space news on Phys.org
Thanks.
elerner said:
The GALEX catalog provides a 50% flux radius--half light radius--for both FUV and NUV. We used those for this calculation. So, yes first we eliminated the >0.4 stellarity entries and then we plotted the numbers. there was a sharp fall-off at the minimum measurable radius.
Searching the GALEX Schema Browser, I found the following Column names, Units, and Descriptions which seem to match your description (the Tables in which they appear in curly brackets):

NUV_FLUX_RADIUS_2, {blank}, Fraction-of-light radius ( 0.5000) {PhotoObjAll, VisitPhotoObjAll}
FUV_FLUX_RADIUS_2, {blank}, Fraction-of-light radius ( 0.5000) {PhotoObjAll, VisitPhotoObjAll}
fuv_ncat_flux_radius_2, {blank}, FUV FLUX_RADIUS #2 (-fd-ncat)(px)[0.50] {PhotoObjAll, VisitPhotoObjAll}

Can you please confirm that what you used was NUV_FLUX_RADIUS_2 and FUV_FLUX_RADIUS_2?

L14 has HUDF and SDSS references, but apparently no GALEX ones. Only if you can fit it in (otherwise feel free to skip this question), may I ask why you did not include a GALEX reference?

The sentence immediately after the one I quoted in my last post is ("this cutoff" refers to "the lower-cutoff angular radius"):
L14 said:
We took this cutoff to be the point at which the abundance per unit angular radius falls to 1/5 of the modal value.
I guess "abundance" means something like number, or relative frequency. For GALEX - NUV and FUV - what were the units of angular radius that you used? Why did you choose "1/5 of the modal value"?

This seems - to me - to be strange and arbitrary.