WhoWee said:
This comment needs support - my bold.
I'll help you out - the word "Primarily" cannot be supported by showing a single sign in a crowd of 10,000 - or this video by Charlie Rangel.
Please post definitive support for your definitive comment - or retract - or label opinion (please).
I don't know if the Tea Party in general can really be said to be racist, but there are many among their ranks who appear to be greatly misinformed, mean, and dumb.
Obama's Plan: White Slavery
The American Taxpayers are the Jews for Obama's ovens
Barack Hussein Obama: The New Face of Hitler
Obama was not bowing: He was sucking saudi Jewels
Stand idle while some kenyan tries to destroy America? (WAP!) I don't think so! Homey don't play dat!
Speak for yourself Obama: We are a Christian nation.
Hey big brother... show us your real birth certificate! Constitution: Article 2 Section 1
(Obama talking to terrorists: "Whoa Boys! I'll take it from here.")
Confederate Flag.
Congo = Slave Owner Tax Payer = Niggar
(Photoshopped to say "Work 4 u")
Save White America!
Sieg Heil Herr Obama
Wake up America, your muslim President Bowed to his Muslim King.
We need a Christian President.
Obama is the Anti-Christ. Oust Obama.
Obama Terrorist to America in God we Trust
Impeach Osama Obama AKA Hussein
Obama spends like a woman
Obama Care (in a picture with Obama dressed up in full pygmy witch doctor attire, and the C is replaced with the hammer and sickle from the old Russion flag.)
Obama Nomics: Monkey see, monkey spend.
"Cap" congress and "Trade" obama back to kenya!
Beware of Dog (Picture of Obama with lips enlarged.)
Oh S#!t It's 1939 Germany all over again Obama's HR 3200 = Hitlers T4
Don't Tax Me Bro!
OK, Joke's over. We know socialized health care doesn't work. (Obama dressed as the Joker.)
Obama's change: Slavery for all Americans!
Impeach the Muslim Marxist
We've hit "Barrack" bottom.
The zoo has an African (picture of lion) and the White hous has a lyin' african.
This sign is the brownest thing on this entire block. (I wonder whether this guy is being ironic; He may be protesting the protest.)
No Socialism
Free Market Not Free Loaders
For the first time in my life I am ashamed of my country.
The anti-Christ is living in the white house: Obama.
Obama listens to Mao. I listen to Fox News.
Stop him now before its to late. It's not about Obamacare, it's about power. When we smell the burning flesh from the ovens it will be to late for us all. SOCIALISM.
Impeach the Kenyan
I want America Back
Gimme yo Change: (Obama dressed up as B.A.Barrackus from the A-Team)
Obama is a destructive unpatriotic black muslim
Thank U Glenn & Rush
God Bless Glenn Beck
God Bless Glenn Beck & USA
The first question in debate is which if any of these statements is genuinely racist, and which is just stupid and misinformed, and which are neither.
The sign that says "I want America Back" could easily be slid into virtually any protest, so I wouldn't say it is racist.
As far as whether Obama is the antichrist, just ask him:
2 John 1:7
"I say this because many deceivers, who do not acknowledge Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh, have gone out into the world. Any such person is the deceiver and the antichrist."
This could have a couple of interpretations depending on whether you interpret it to mean Jesus ever lived, or Jesus came back from the dead in the flesh?
So according to John 1:7 about 25% or 80% of the people I know are the anti-christ Who is going to acknowledge something as being true that they didn't personally experience? I can see why it's valid to believe such a thing, but to acknowledge it? And to claim that someone who won't acknowledge something they never saw is a deceiver? That's bogus. It's much greater a deception to claim to have knowledge when you really only have a belief based on hearsay. It's even a greater deception when you refuse to give starving people food unless they pretend to go along with it.
I also don't think it's a helpful sort of rubric for testing people about whether they believe something they can't verify. If you are living a life that is consistent with Jesus' teachings, but don't happen to believe that he ever actually existed, I will give you a lot more credit than somebody who actively believes in the life and resurrection of Jesus Chist but spends their time trying to maximize their profit at other people's expense.
Who is really the antichrist, I think, is the author of 1John, 2John, 3John, who
introduced the idea of anti-christ, and who teaches the opposite of Jesus; how to be
uncharitable and
cruel to those who do not share your cultish beliefs. How to treat people differently not based on their acts and NEEDS but on what they
claim to believe.
There are so many other things to go into, here. The claim that Obama is in some way like Hitler? Oh, because he sends tanks into warfare? How is that different from any American president since tanks were invented?
And then there's all the Kenyan talk. I guess this could be ascribed to overt racism. Nobody cares if the parents of our president were from some white country, but if his parents are from a black country, then the Tea Party gets upset.
But most of these signs aren't really overtly racist; There are several related to religious bigotry. Many of them are anti-socialist. Some are concerned about having Obama in charge during a war; but these mostly compare him to Hitler, who was white.
I see a few signs that are overtly racist, but mostly I just see dumb, frightened people, with mean, dumb, misinformed signs.
(By the way, even if there are a few dumb misinformed people with signs, the video I've linked is, of course, anecdotal rather than statitistical. WhoWee claimed that not even 1 in 10,000 signs was racist. I would have to see the other 300,000 nonracist, or non-stupid signs that would balance out these 30. Of particular interest, though, is the last few signs, blessing Rush Limbaugh and Glenn Beck. If the ranks of the Tea Party have swelled with Limbaugh "ditto-heads" that's kind of the definition of being mean, dumb, fascist,
and racist.)