Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

On formal concept analysis (fca)

1. Jul 23, 2015 #1
    Hi,
    I was using Hasse Diagram as it is great tool for data analysis but there is a confusion the thing is that I downloaded a software for fca and every time it uses a algorithm it gives a different lattice ,I do understand but suppose I am using it for some representation of concept lattice the lattice has been made between extents and intents then how do I interpret the hidden knowledge from the diagram for further analysis any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks in advance

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 28, 2015 #2
    Thanks for the post! This is an automated courtesy bump. Sorry you aren't generating responses at the moment. Do you have any further information, come to any new conclusions or is it possible to reword the post?

4. Jul 28, 2015 #3
    Thanks for reply. I was thinking and I went through some research papers which were from land use policy and medical sciences and also from a conference book so I came to the conclusion that basically if I use the diagram then what I interpret from the diagram it depends on the expertise of my field in that area .as such it does not have any theorems I suppose which can be used to draw conclusions in other fields or I suppose I do not have that expertise to draw conclusion for other subjects.If I am not wrong this is a less researched area. Yes there are software for FCA online.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook