Online ME or AE Program for Active Duty Military Service Members

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
2 replies · 2K views
AJSayad
Messages
27
Reaction score
6
Hello everyone,

I have a friend who serves in the military, he enlisted right out of high school (about 3 years ago) and he is looking to start a program to earn his bachelors degree. Due to his current role in the military, he needs to take courses online in order to fulfill his duties.

He has reached out to me to find online bachelor programs in either Mechanical or Aerospace engineering. He intends on earning his bachelors while serving and then earning his masters degree afterwards to work in the aerospace industry.

I was wondering if anyone knows of a good online program for service members while they finish their contracts. Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
I noticed that several good related threads are listed down below your new thread. Maybe click into a few of those to get some ideas. This thread in that list had some good clarifying questions that you might consider asking your friend:

https://www.physicsforums.com/threa...ical-engineering-active-duty-military.940853/

Also, has your friend asked his CO if there are recommendations for what online courses/universities to pursue? I'm sure this has come up in the past, and the Military is pretty good at organizing procedures and recommendations.

Also paging @scottdave
 
That's a great point I completely forgot to check the other threads, thank you! I also check with him about his CO and recommendations. Thanks for the help!