Opinion on a textbook - by Fayyazuddin

1. I have seen the following textbook: "A Modern Introduction To Particle Physics" by Fayyazuddin
    http://www.amazon.com/Modern-Introd...+introduction+to+particle+physics+Fayyazuddin

I couldn't find reviews in Amazon, and I have seen only one review in google books that claimed that the book had errors, but did not give any information.

Has anyone used this book and can share his experience? In particular, does it have serious errors?

Thanks.

2. jcsd
  3. Greg Bernhardt

Staff: Admin

I'm sorry you are not finding help at the moment. Is there any additional information you can share with us?

4. dextercioby

dextercioby 12,309
    Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

I'm sorry, but I guess you chose a book without appeal to students/teachers. I'm sure you can get better books being recommended from this community: I particularly like the book by D.J. Griffiths. 'Introduction to elementary particles' (1987) (not outdated).

5. I agree with this. We used it for a course and it is nicely written.
    A great primer to spark your interest.

For example the eightfold way which gives nice and clear diagrams to represent particles.
    In Griffiths it is introduced in a somewhat ad-hoc way.
    If you study more physics, you find they can be explained very easily.

6. George Jones

George Jones 6,386
    Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

There is a second 2008 edition of Griffiths that includes new material on massive neutrino oscillations, the Higgs boson, and other stuff.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share a link to this question via email, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?

Draft saved Draft deleted