1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Opinions on this Pure Math/Finance Program

1. Apr 12, 2007 #1
    Opinions on this "Pure Math/Finance" Program

I know that most people on these boards are more familiar with physics and engineering-type programs, but who knows...

Does this program seem like one that'll have good employment prospects? How in-demand are "people with a strong real analysis background and a good knowledge of differential equations to work on financial derivatives" in the finance sector?
  2. jcsd
  3. Apr 13, 2007 #2
    There is a real demand, but I couldn't really tell you how big it is. The Black-Scholes option pricing model is a PDE, and I understand that the name of the game is improving the basic model and then solving it numerically. I know they also hire people to work on asset allocation models.

My knowledge here is quite old, so if anybody else responds, listen to them instead :smile:
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?