Options for International Students: Top Physics Schools Outside of the US

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
santo35
Messages
28
Reaction score
0
I am an indian student finishing my undergrad this year and planing to apply for masters or Phd.

Are there any notable and well known physics schools other than the ones US that i can consider applying to ?

Like what are the options available other than US schools for masters program.

Zurich is one well known, PI institute in Canada too. any other suggestions ?

famous schools in places like germany , sweden etc ?

Thanks in advance.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
santo35 said:
Are there any notable and well known physics schools other than the ones US that i can consider applying to ?
Many! Too many to list them all.

To be more specific, it would help to know the areas of physics you are interested in.
 
There's tons of great ones in the UK. Cambridge, Bath, Bristol, Warwick. As said, it really depends on you but I thought I would put out a few.

P.s. At Cambridge you can do the Tripos Part III which is a one year course and, although I haven't done it, I hear is very interesting and challenging.