1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Ordered a couple of AoPS textbooks

1. Jun 7, 2010 #1
  2. jcsd
  3. Jun 7, 2010 #2
    Not those in particular, but I've skimmed their Vol. 1 and Vol. 2 books, which were pretty good.

4. Jun 7, 2010 #3
    I have used their books in high school to self-study for math competitions (haven't seen their calculus and pre-calculus books as they are recent additions). I liked them and feel they adequately prepared me for the earlier stages of competition, and later on prepared me for the more advanced material. In particular I like that they focus on problem solving which is really the hard part of high school and early college material. I have no experience in using them for an actual class though.

5. Jun 7, 2010 #4
    Yeah these are for self-study. The online textbook my class uses is crap. The images that are supposed to explain the problems are missing and the formatting is completely off.

I'll probably get Vol. 1 and 2 in a couple of months so I can try my hand at AMC12.

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook