Binvestigator Messages 6 Reaction score 0 Thread starter Jun 24, 2015 #1 what is the origin of the number of bound (N z /2 ) in the calculating of average in ensemble in Mean Field for the Ising model?
what is the origin of the number of bound (N z /2 ) in the calculating of average in ensemble in Mean Field for the Ising model?
DrDu Science Advisor Messages 6,424 Reaction score 1,006 Jun 25, 2015 #2 Each atom has z neigbours and hence z bonds to its neighbours. But each bond is shared by two atoms, so you have Nz/2 bonds in total.
Each atom has z neigbours and hence z bonds to its neighbours. But each bond is shared by two atoms, so you have Nz/2 bonds in total.
Binvestigator Messages 6 Reaction score 0 Jun 25, 2015 #3 Thanks, I want to show that potts model hamiltonian is equal to this J∑si.sj that siis {(1,0) , (-1/2 , √3/2) , (-1/2, √3/2)} . how should I do it? what is the first step?
Thanks, I want to show that potts model hamiltonian is equal to this J∑si.sj that siis {(1,0) , (-1/2 , √3/2) , (-1/2, √3/2)} . how should I do it? what is the first step?