Outgoing dynamic force: taper roll between flanges

In summary, the speaker is asking for help in calculating the outgoing force of a taper roll between two spinning flanges. They mention that the static calculation is not difficult, but when the flanges start to turn in opposite directions, the dynamic situation becomes more complex. They mention that a corkscrew movement created by the flanges and roll angle also creates a force that depends on the angle and revolutions of the flanges. The speaker believes that the calculation may not be easy, but it should be possible. They also mention that there is another topic on the same subject that can be closed.
AdeJS
Maybe I've asked this before but I can't find the topic any more.

I'm looking for a way to calculate the outgoing force of a taper roll between two spinning flanges.

Staticly this is not so difficult by using the force of the flanges clamping the taper roll and the roll angle.

When the flences start to turn in opposite direction this dynamic situation gets al lot more difficult. Beside the static outgoing force also a forces is created by the corkscrew movement created by the flanges and the roll angle. This force depends on the angle and the rev's the flanges make. so far this is what I have.

I will probably be not an easy calculation, but should be possible I would think.

how to calculate the pitch and it's generated force

Attachments

• kopslijpdruk.doc
    160 KB · Views: 244
Engineering news on Phys.org

1. What is outgoing dynamic force?

Outgoing dynamic force refers to the force exerted by a rotating object as it moves away from its point of origin. In the context of "taper roll between flanges," it specifically refers to the force exerted by a rotating object as it rolls between two flanges.

2. How is outgoing dynamic force calculated?

The formula for calculating outgoing dynamic force is F = m x v^2, where F is the force in Newtons, m is the mass of the object in kilograms, and v is the velocity of the object in meters per second.

3. What is the significance of taper roll between flanges?

Taper roll between flanges is important in industrial and mechanical engineering as it allows for a smooth and controlled movement of rotating objects between two fixed points. It also helps to distribute the outgoing dynamic force evenly, reducing the risk of damage to the flanges or the rotating object.

4. How can taper roll between flanges be optimized?

To optimize taper roll between flanges, the flanges should be designed with a proper angle and distance between them. Additionally, the rotating object should be carefully selected based on its weight and speed to ensure that the outgoing dynamic force is within the safe limits for the flanges.

5. What are the potential risks associated with taper roll between flanges?

If the outgoing dynamic force is too high, it can cause excessive wear and tear on the flanges, leading to potential damage or malfunction. It can also create excessive vibration, which can affect the stability of the machinery. Therefore, it is important to carefully consider the design and parameters of taper roll between flanges to minimize these risks.