Overcoming Hardships to Reach a Career in Particle Physics

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 2K views
moatasim23
Messages
77
Reaction score
0
I vow to do something in Particle Physics but some real nast circumstances hinders my desires.So plan to take admission in BS Mechanical Engg and after wards M.S Nuclear Engg..How close might it be to particle Physics where I might end up?If not close enough recommend any other field.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
If you want to do particle physics...why not major in physics? I have made the mistake myself of majoring in the wrong (but related) field and I have had to pick up the pieces along the way. Mechanical engineering isn't good preparation for particle physics.
 
Nuclear engineering learn radiation physics and reactor design; they work with neutron physics as well but not like a particle physicist would. Nuclear engineering is probably a much safer bet economically speaking than particle physics as well.
 
Hercuflea said:
If you want to do particle physics...why not major in physics? I have made the mistake myself of majoring in the wrong (but related) field and I have had to pick up the pieces along the way. Mechanical engineering isn't good preparation for particle physics.

I can't do Major in Physics as it will put me economically in an Uncertain Condition.Also the society here(I live in Pakistan) deappreciates such carreers as a Bachelors or Masters in Physics..I must do Engg(To be on safer side and thrive here)..So B.S Mechanical Engg is must..recommend what further I can choose..:)