Painting the leather panel on Nike Air Force 1's white without peeling at creases

  • Thread starter Thread starter CinderBlockFist
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Paint
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 10K views
CinderBlockFist
Messages
86
Reaction score
0
Hi all, I am wondering, I have a new pair of Nike Air Force 1's http://www.kicks4less.com/images/AF1157.jpg {these are not the same exact color, my blue is navy blue but u get the point) , I do not like the color of the part above the middle of my foot, where it is like bluish. It is like a leather kind of material, I was wondering, is it possible for me to paint it white? So if I use it it won't peel off and show the blue color at the creases when I walk? If so, what type of paint do I use, thanks in advance.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
I would suggest you take them to a shoe repair shop and ask to have them painted.

If you are determined to do it yourself, here are a couple of sites to buy leather shoe paint.

http://www.turtlefeathers.com/text/angelus/angelus-paint.html

http://www.dancefx.com.au/dance_wear.htm

http://www.leatherworldtech.com/LeatherDyePaint.aspx
 
Last edited by a moderator: