1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

[Paper and presentation] Mechanics in Computer

1. Feb 24, 2008 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data
    Hi guys!
    I have pre-midterm assignment in group to write a paper an d a presentation on the screen about mechanics. My group gives me a job to decide more specific topic and to search the matter (articles, pictures, videos, etc.) also about that specific one.
    Do you think our topic is good? Any other interesting or hot topic (due to the trend of mechanics research recently)?

2. Relevant equations
    Equations would be essential in that paper: I think it would be such:
    [tex]\theta=\theta_0+\omega_0t+ \frac{1}{2} \alpha \ t^2[/tex]

3. The attempt at a solution
    Actually I have decide the specific topic is: rotational mechanics in CD-ROM, :wink:.
    I have tried picture-googling to find a CD picture, and see Wikipedia article about CD-ROM.
    Youtube also would be very valuable in search of video.
    What kind of other matters I was suggested to search? Where?
  2. jcsd
  3. Feb 24, 2008 #2
    If you want to go with your cdrom topic, you could talk about how the rotational mechanics stuff changed going from CDROMS to HD-DVD/Blu Ray.
  4. Mar 3, 2008 #3
    I find in Halliday-Resnick a link to explore mechanics in cd. www.sigcat.org
    But, actually after I check this, the page is not helpful. Even, I think it is a commercial link, not a knowledgeable link
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?