(Peskin and Schroeder) Numerator of vertex correction

In summary, the numerator of the vertex correction in Peskin and Schroeder is a term in the perturbative expansion of the scattering amplitude that takes into account the effects of virtual particles. It is important in particle physics because it allows for more accurate predictions of scattering amplitudes and is calculated using Feynman diagrams and perturbation theory. The specific particles involved in the scattering process and their interactions affect the numerator of the vertex correction, and its effects can be experimentally verified through precision measurements in particle collider experiments.
ndcat10
Hi I am studying qft with worldwidely used text, written by Peskin and Schroeder, An introduction to qft. I have trouble with the calculation of thr numerator on pp. 192. I got additional term ## 2m(z-xy)(mγ^μ - p^μ) ## between spinors, which seems not vanishing. Is there any idea to treat this problem? Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
The problem is solved. Maybe I made mistake somewhere.(I calculated hundreds times to exaggerate.) Anyway thanks for reading this annoying post(at least I think I made another trash, but more than 100 people read this)

1. What is the numerator of the vertex correction in Peskin and Schroeder?

The numerator of the vertex correction in Peskin and Schroeder is a term in the perturbative expansion of the scattering amplitude that accounts for the virtual particles exchanged between the initial and final states.

2. Why is the numerator of the vertex correction important in particle physics?

The numerator of the vertex correction is important because it allows for a more accurate prediction of the scattering amplitudes in quantum field theory. It takes into account the effects of virtual particles, which play a crucial role in the fundamental interactions between particles.

3. How is the numerator of the vertex correction calculated?

The numerator of the vertex correction is calculated using Feynman diagrams and perturbation theory. It involves summing over all possible virtual particle exchanges and evaluating the corresponding integrals.

4. Does the numerator of the vertex correction depend on the specific particles involved in the scattering process?

Yes, the numerator of the vertex correction depends on the types of particles involved in the scattering process and their corresponding interactions. This is because different particles have different coupling strengths and interaction strengths.

5. Can the numerator of the vertex correction be experimentally verified?

Yes, the effects of the numerator of the vertex correction can be experimentally verified through precision measurements of scattering amplitudes in particle collider experiments. These measurements can help confirm the predictions of quantum field theory and test the validity of the Standard Model of particle physics.